When you shop Waterfront Thrift Stores you’re recycling! When you donate your gently-used household goods, furniture and clothing to Waterfront Thrift Stores – you’re recycling!
By donating to us, you’re giving your unwanted items a second chance to be used and enjoyed by someone else and helping the Mission fund its rescue and recovery program for our community’s homeless, addicted and poor!
“Let nothing go to waste” that can be used to give people and items fresh starts and second chances!
Annual Recycling Results:
- 247,826 Pounds Per Month
- 3,297,900 Pounds Per Year = 1,649 Tons
Our Recycling & Distribution Center makes every effort to put your donation to its best possible use by distributing a huge assortment of gently-used items for resale to our Thrift Stores located throughout the Florida Panhandle and the Gulf Coast of Alabama. Nothing goes to waste! Even the cardboard boxes that you’ll use to transport your donation will be recycled to help fund our homelessness and addiction recovery ministry at the Waterfront Rescue Mission.
WANT TO DO MORE?
Helping Waterfront Rescue Mission provide critical services “free of charge” for Gulf Coast homeless is easier than you may think!
Here are a few simple ways that your business, church, school or civic organization can come alongside the Mission to supply live-saving, life-changing rescue and recovery services:
- Aluminum Can Drive
- Christmas Wire (Copper Wire) Drive
- Clothing Drive (All Conditions Except Wet)
- Shoe Drive (All Conditions Including Single Shoes)
- Donate Cardboard
- Donate Scrap Metals
Recycling & Distribution Center
388 West Herman Street
Pensacola, FL 32505
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Donation Drop Off Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Recyclable Materials Accepted:
- Textiles: Clothing, Blankets, Pillows, Table Cloths, Drapes Textile Donations must be in dry condition but need not be in sellable condition to be recycled.
- Clothing Accessories: Shoes, Hats, Purses, Belts and Luggage Clothing Accessories must be donated in dry condition. Single Shoes and broken straps are 100% acceptable!
- Aluminum: Cans, Cast and Siding
- Copper Wire: Defective Christmas Lights and Copper Wiring of all kinds
- Electric Motors: Power Tools, Garden Tools, Vacuum Cleaners, etc. Electric Motors must be in dry condition but need to be in sellable or working condition to be recycled.
- Used Batteries: Automotive, Marine, Lawn Mower, Cell Phone
- Cardboard: Boxes of all kinds. Cardboard must be in dry condition and cannot be waxed.
- Scrap Metal: Virtually all metals can be recycled and will benefit the Mission: Broken Bed Frames, High Chairs, Food Containers, Broken Hardware, etc.
- Corded Electronic Equipment: Sorry. Due to disposal fees we are unable to accept tube TVs or Computer Monitors.
- Large and Small Appliances: Appliances need be in working condition to be recycled. Dishwashers are not accepted.