History & Purpose
- The Waterfront Rescue Mission was founded in 1949.
- The first Thrift Store was opened in 1963.
- Thrift Stores exist to provide funding for the Mission’s rescue and recovery programs to the Gulf Coast homeless and addicted including: food,shelter, clothing, spiritual counseling,education, and career development services at “no charge.”
- Approximately 50% of the Mission’s annual operating budget is provided by the Bargain Centers.
- An incredible $ .68 of every dollar directly funds the Mission’s ministry to the Gulf Coast homeless, addicted and poor.
- The Mission provides nearly 250,000 meals, 90,000 nights of shelter, and 10,000 hours of individual counseling every year.
- The Mission currently operates Thrift Stores in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Cantonment, Milton, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach and Foley.
- The Mission provides services 2 Gulf Coast campuses: Waterfront Rescue Mission (Pensacola), Mobile Rescue Mission (Mobile) and Day Resource Center (Pensacola).
- The Mission also provides a Veterans Affairs Care Program, a Learn to Read Program, and Respite Care.
Benefits & Perks
- Thrift Stores offer reloadable Gift Cards that may be used at any of our seven convenient locations. Gift Cards never lose value and never expire.
- 30 Day Warranties on select Large Appliances.
- All Electrical Items are tested for safety and functionality.
- Every item merchandised in our stores is checked for quality and is backed by a 7-Day Refund or Exchange Policy.
- 7-Day Refund or Exchange on purchases (Returns are refunded to Gift Cards).
- Thrift Stores carry a custom, branded line of high-quality, affordable mattresses from Dreamline Bedding called the “Waterfront Collection.”
- Bargain Club Members enjoy “members only” coupons, discounts and unadvertised specials (Text BARGAIN to 42829 to Join).
- Donations to the Mission are “tax-deductible” and receipts are available upon request or may be printed online.
- We offer FREE donation pickup from your home or office. Simply call your local Waterfront Thrift Store or register a convenient pickup online at www.PickUpMyDonation.com.
Trust & Accountability
- The Mission earned the Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) Torch Award in 2012 and is an “Accredited Member” in good standing.
- The Bargain Centers were the recipients of the Best of the Coast award 2013 – 2016, Best of the Bay 2014 – 2016 and Finest on the Emerald Coast 2015 and 2016..
- The Mission is a member of all area Chambers of Commerce.
- The Mission is a certified member of the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions (AGRM).
- The Mission is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and adheres to its stringent “Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship.
- Web donations are safe and secure. Privacy and security is protected by Starfield Technologies.
- The Mission recycles nearly 2,000 tons of materials every year. We are working hard to “Let Nothing Go To Waste!